First things first, I have to admit: Im an obsessive flight deal searcher & in victory, we flew DIRECT from Boston to Paris for $175 on Norweigan Airlines! In the height of Spring - the loveliest time to be in Paris..
- Staying at Hotel Les Theatres we were perfectly located about a 15 minute walk to the Louvre & surrounded by awesome shops & restaurants making the walk to the sites a sight in itself!
- We took the long way to the Louvre & stopped by the Coco Chanel original store & grabbed a crepe for the walk! From here we approached the Tuileries Garden & strolled through to get to the Louvre.
- You can honestly spend HOURS at the Louvre so be sure to map out your 'must see' list so you don't miss anything! My favorite is the Napoleon interiors section - talk about over the top! (Don't forget: the Louvre is CLOSED on Tuesdays!)
- After this we took an Uber over to the Eiffel Tower for a picnic in the park & to watch the sunset.
- We started the day by heading towards Notre Dame & stopped along the way for some breakfast at Les Deux Palais, a cute sidewalk bistro in classic parisian style!
- Notre Dame is a obvious must see from the architecture, stained glass to the gargoyles up above. The place is GORGEOUS from every angle!
- We then strolled through the Latin Quarter for some treats & a cocktail break before heading over to the Luxembourg Gardens.
- The Luxembourg Gardens was the perfect place to lay out a blanket on a beautiful 80 degree day & people watch on the beautiful grounds. They have boat racing (think Stewart Little), Pony rides, restaurants, basketball courts & beautiful statues throughout the grounds.
- After this we took a long walk before eating dinner at Bistrot Victories, which I HIGHLY recommend for amazing food at a surprisingly reasonable price.